NewTek™ Probe Needles
NewTek™ is available only from Advanced Probing Systems
NewTek™ is Advanced Probing Systems, Inc.’s proprietary, non-oxidizing probe needle material. The properties of NTK allow it to maintain low and stable contact resistance during wafer testing with minimal cleaning even at high temperatures. NewTek probe needles have been successfully used in low-K testing, to test pads with thin aluminum over copper, in test situations where multiple touchdowns are required as well as numerous other test applications. NewTek probe needles may be the optimal choice in situations where minimal pad damage is essential.
NewTek™ Probe Needles is available in .020″ diameter pins.
Probe Needle Information References:
- NewTek™ Press Release Download (~360k)
- “Maximizing the Performance of An Atypical Cantilever Probe Wire Material” – Presentation by Frederick Taber to the 2006 Southwest Test Workshop” should also be included on this page. Download a pdf of this Powerpoint presentation (~360k)
- “Low and Stable Contact Resistance with Reduced Cleaning, a Paradigm Shift” – Presented by Jerry Broz and Rey Rincon at the 1999. www.swtest.org (opens in new window)
- “Understanding Probe-Contact a-Spot Oxidation During Elevated-Temperature Wafer Test” by Jerry Broz and Rey Rincon – Evaluation Engineering September 1999 (Copies are available upon request from APS).
- “Probe Contact Resistance Variations during Elevated Temperature Wafer Test” by Jerry Broz and Rey Rincon – presented at the 1999 International Test Conference. Copies are available at www.ieee.org (Membership and a small fee are required to access article).
NewTek™ Probe Needles Wafer Sort
- low and stable contact resistance
- non-oxidizing pin
- minimal pad damage
- high temperature test
- cantilever test applications